Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Coming Soon! (Under construction)

Here is the first photos of Marcos' cousin! I had my prenatal appointment today. His initial due date, set two weeks ago, was September 20. It changed in a big way today.

Little Angus (I think he's a boy and I've been referring to him as Angus instead of "It") was supposed to have a nice strong audible heart beat that I had been excited to hear today, but there was none. My nurse-midwife sent me for an ultrasound at Spectrum. Thankfully, Sean was able to take a few hours off work and come along.

It was a frustrating couple of hours between appointments, worrying that something might be wrong. The ultrasound technician saw only a black area where Angus should have been. Going in for a MUCH closer look, she turned the monitor away from my view and told us she was taking pictures and would explain what she was seeing in a moment. I was so nervous!

And then.....we got a look at these beautiful pictures!


Angus is only 7 weeks old and one centimeter long! His new due date is October 30. According to my pregnancy books, he's busy sprouting arms, legs, and a neck this week! It's way to early to hear the heart beat but we were able to see it and the tech measured it at 130 beats per minute.

I'll be able to sleep VERY peacefully tonight (at least until 3 or 4am when I'll have to use the bathroom). What a relief to have my first glimpse of Angus and to know for sure when to expect him!

1 comment:

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

Ohmygosh Jilly!!!
What a scary, frusterating wait you must have had today between appointments. I'm so glad they were able to give you the ultrasound today though and set the record straight. Wow, sure did change the date. You are much less far along than previously thought. Maybe that explains how you didn't have that many symptoms the past few weeks.
Congratulations!! He/she is beautiful!