Saturday, December 13, 2008

St. Lucia Day


The aroma of cardamon buns baking last night was too much!
I admit to sampling ahead of this morning's traditional swedish
celebration. Happy St. Lucia Day! I have very slowly added a
few new St. Lucia figurines to my collection over the last 20 years.
These are not easy to find and all the more treasured because of it.
They especially bring to mind the early 80's when the girls would
dress as St. Lucia and bring coffee and rolls to Gregg or me
(whoever was the lucky one to sleep in that morning). When Linnea
wakes up from her morning nap, I'll look for some old photos.
Linnea was up early this morning but is still too little to serve the
coffee. I should have let her "help" by pushing the button on the
machine, which she loves to do! She thought the Lucia rolls were
yummy!

2 comments:

G'G'ma said...

I've been waiting for a Lucia post! Jerry and I sat in the living room, with the tree lights on and listened to Perry Como this morning. We had a good time reminiscing about past Christmas's.

GreggR said...

And this one was done by MJ!