Sunday, January 25, 2009

A first for the toddlers in our family and for our nation




Celebrated with L & M & J on a long lunch hour to commemorate the
swearing in of our new president - their first election year, first "new president", first African-American President of the USA. I imagine them looking back in later years, remembering this historic day.

I took Friday off as well and Gregg and I watched the kids while Em and Sergio conducted interviews for their Hope Professor's spanish language book, and Jill did some job hunting. Here are just a few more photos from the week.
Making cookies with Grandpa on Saturday night - sleepover.

Bath, PJ's and snack while watching "Horton Hears a Who"; a very grown up looking M;

oh yeah.....and those cookies? Chocolaty goodness. Below are some "parts and pieces"

Above are all the parts to a Nintendo Wii game system that I have to learn to use this week (oh yikes! AND repack it all just as you see here.) I'll be giving it away at a fund raiser, but we'll be playing it to determine a winner. I was a little intimidated by the realistic games. Here's a little stack of new quilt pieces. It's a fun pattern to use up some scraps, but I have about 80 more of these blocks to make.Golf is NOT my game! But I admit that Wii was a fun way to warm up after an hour or so of sewing in the cold basement!

2 comments:

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

Great shots of the week. I love the photo of the two kids on the couch. Nea is so sweet there! And Marcos is not pushing her out of the way - yea!

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

I just noticed Nea's special Morelia pillow behind her head. Way to represent, Nea!