Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Winter is here...its official!

Gregg shoveled the drive 3 times on Friday last week! While everything beyond 20 miles from us was practically snowflake free!! What's up with that? The snow in the street is barely melted and the next storm is predicted for tomorrow. Blustery winds have just begun.

The good news is that our colds and Gregg's sinus infection have finally cleared up...I think....
Shopping is nearly done, baking and Christmas cards are on the agenda this weekend and the last full week of work for the month is next week.

The Linnea quilt is yet to finish, but she actually helped me with a few stitches the other night; carefully pulling the needle through the fabric for me. Think I might have a sewer in the making? I'm guessing a darning needle and some plastic or burlap is just the ticket.

Michael's birthday is Saturday, so we're hoping to connect with the guys this weekend too..

Anyone doing St. Lucia rolls on Sunday? I'm looking at my collection of St. Lucia figures right now.

Stay warm everyone...(OK, you guys out in Phoenix just stay cool).

2 comments:

Hilarywho said...

Still no real snow here yet. Just a light dusting on the lawns this morning! High winds are in the forecast though and Beth is wishing for storm duty!

Phil and Linda said...

Lucia buns will be baked in AZ on St. Lucia Day this year. Swedish tea rings and Lucia buns will be going to work with me on Monday, the 14th. In years past I have baked up to 25 different kinds of cookies(about 10 doz each) and probably 16 doz Lucia buns. At least half of that went to work with me. (I really spoiled everyone) I just "can't" do that anymore. I would have two weeks of very little sleep between Thanksgiving and St. Lucia Day. And I "don't" want that food in my house anymore! If it's there, it will get eaten! And we don't need it! Times sure do change. Sure wish I had a little up and coming St. Lucia maiden in my house to help me, like you guys do. You'll need to put a crown of lights on Linnea and post it! love to all of your family!