Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mother nature delivers too!


I've got this 12" X 70" stretch of garden in the front yard that gets full southern exposure, and reflective heat to boot...last year I planted, like three little hens, no chicks. And this is what I found under the leaves this evening! Temps reached 60 degrees today with the promise of more warm weather tomorrow.
I remember this week in 2003...the year Issac arrived in the US and joined our family! I introduced him to GR by taking him downtown for the St. Patrick Day parade. He met Bill, Joey and Abby at the parade. It was very blustery and COLD! I believe we had a bit more snow after that and on April 3rd (welcome to Michigan, Issac) West Michigan experienced a devastating (4 mil $ damage) ice storm which brought down trees and power lines. Now, compared to everything he'd been through in his life prior to landing in WMI, this event wasn't much off the norm. It could only get better after that.
By the way, Issac graduates from Western in December with a degree in aeronautics and administration. Michael graduates in May-just a few more months; we'll see if med-school is still in the horizon or not.

No comments: