Friday, July 16, 2010

Mission mushrooms

Gregg is a busy guy this week and next out in Connecticut learning the ins-and-outs of SUBWAY. So I tried my hand at some culinary domesticity. This is a mushroom, shrimp quiche with a homemade crust. I made it in the small springform pan so it's nice and thick. Jill, Nea and I will try it out with a salad tonight. We're slowly using up all the stuff in the fridge, freezer and cupboard. I'm avoiding a trip to the grocery for anything but essentials!
Tomorrow afternoon is a block party down the street so will need to bring a dish to pass. Our driveway is scheduled to be seal coated tomorrow too, so lets hope for no rain. There have been a series of short, but intense thunder and lightning storms the last few days here and south of town. I guess quite a few Detroit area folks are out of power today.
Looking forward to a Skype chat with Gregg tonight.