Friday, December 1, 2006

Snow Day, No School








Lot's of freezing rain and sleet first thing this morning. I made it to within 5 miles of work when MCC's HR Director called to say that campus would be closed today. So I turned around and took about an hour to get home. The idiot-lit road signs warned us of "CAUTION, slippery road, CAUTION". Good to have that warning; that sort of thing can slip my mind as I was trying to keep the van in my lane.
Almost to a person, drivers were very cautious and respectful of each other. Must have been the signs doing their job.

Mary Jane had just gotten up for work. We had a cup of coffee, then I went grocery shopping and MJ got ready and left for work. She dropped Michael off at school on the way.

Meijer had very few shoppers this morning. Very nice, but it seemed as though every Meijer employee had just lost their favorite pet in a horrible fire. They were, for the most part,very crabby, except the young fellow that was clearing snow from in front of the doors. He offered everyone a heart felt good morning and good day as they left.


You can tell from the pictures that the snow wasn't too bad, even though all news outlets were calling it "THE STORM", last night.


In the top photo, MJ was just getting home from work as I was about to start some snow shoveling. She lent a couple of strong arms too.

1 comment:

La Familia Lopez Robinson said...

Glad you and mom enjoyed a quiet, little work day. And glad you don't have a neck collar to contend with now that the snow and ice are falling! Nice snow shots to remind me what it's like. I love you!